Plant oils are usually extracted from different plants, especially the seeds. Just like most fats, the oils help to make food palatable, and can be used for purposes of cooking. There are many varieties of plant oils today and there seems to be no end in sight. In the local supermarkets today, there are different oils that you can choose to purchase because they are readily available.
One thing that is obvious is how easy it is to find plant oils that are refined instead of the ones that are cold pressed and fresh. However, such oils are added to processed foods. Some are also included in cosmetics and cleaning products.
Plant oils are not equal when it comes to health benefits. Some have more properties than others. There are some considerations that you need to make such as how the oil was made in the first place. Usually, the seed oils are first subjected to very high temperatures and sometime harsh chemicals are introduced. This makes the oil lose some of the nutrients that are supposed to be beneficial to our bodies.
As for the virgin oils, they are ground and centrifuged to separate the oil and the seed. The extra virgin oils usually need to meet very vigorous criteria in terms of chemical composition and purity.
When you are buying the plant oil, you need to consider how far it really is from the original form. In most cases, when refined oils are being created, they have to follow different steps. This includes mashing, bleaching, deodorizing, stripping, refining under high temperatures, chemical alterations, and so on.
Most of the plant oils are in liquid form and are almost never in solid form. When the weather gets cloudy and cold, the oil may become cloudy. The exceptions to this rule are coconut and some butter because of the fat content that is quite highly saturated. If you notice that oil is solid, it may be an indication that it has been altered chemically especially through hydrogenation.
Usually, the fats that are refined commercially have trans-fats. This comes during processing. What you notice is that most plant oils have a very high omega 3 content and that is why you should be using them instead of the refined options.
The most popular plants with a high omega 3 content include:
- Flax seed
- Hemp seed
- Pumpkin seed
- Walnut seed
The ones with higher monosaturated oil content include:
- Avocado seed
The plants with higher saturated oils include:
- Unrefined palm
- Unrefined coconut
The reason why you should avoid the commercial cooking oils is that they have a higher content of omega 6. Choosing an oil that provides your requirement of omega fatty acids is always a good way to go. There are some that are able to offer omega 3, 6, and 9, which are very essential for wellness, health, and vitality. They are better than flax and fish. It is always good to know the health benefits to expect from the oil you intend to use.
To Revitalize You, To Say Good-Bye To Fatigue…
- Eat properly – Nutritious meals are number one in the battle against fatigue.
- Get up early – too much sleep can reduce your life expectancy.
- High-protein food.
- Munch on fruit when you need a snack.
- Avoid too much caffeine.
- Take vitamin B Complex.
- Get proper rest, relaxation and sleep. Relax before you get tired.
- Meditate whenever you get an opportunity for it – meditate many times during a day.
- Pamper yourself; take a break when you need it.
- Daily brisk walking.
- Enjoy music and songs whenever you get an opportunity for it during the day.
- Enjoy walking rather than driving.
- Play outdoor games.
- Make something more beautiful – Aesthetic Culture.
- Learn how to overcome stress and tension.
- Energy follows thought. Do not think about your inadequacies, your defects, your imperfections and your failures. But think about your achievements. Feel your beauty, your inner worth, your Buddha nature.
- Enjoy yourself. Look at the beauty and enjoy, listen to music and enjoy, use all your senses and enjoy. Use your senses at their optimum, then you will really live your life will be aflame; it will not be dull, it will be aflame with energy and vitality. Be alive because it is only on the wings of life that you will reach to truth. If you are dull you are lost. Be radiant.
- Love more and your body will gather more energy from the whole cosmos.
- Be very aware about your eating. Remain aware what and how much you eat, and its effect on your body. If you experiment with awareness, you will certainly find out which is the right food for you, which food gives you tranquillity, peace and health. There are no real difficulties in doing this, but because we do not pay any attention to feed we are never able to discover the right food. And eat joyously and happily.
- Take bath daily. It purifies and refreshes not only the body but our innermost core too.
- Enjoy reading.
- Much time and energy is dissipated in fighting, accept what is. Make friends with what is.
- Do not create absolute ideas; remain flexible. Be like water. It has no form, it is infinitely adjustable. That is its beauty, it knows no rigidity. Flexibility is life. It means responding to the moment without any preconceived idea.
- Consult your doctor and take medicine whenever needed. Take Neem for healthy body and skin, Bitter Melon (Karela) for regulation and good metabolism, Holi Basil (Tulasi) for relieving cough and cold and boosting immunity, Boswellia Serrata (Shallaki) for relieving joint pain and inflammation, Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) for relieving stress, strain and fatigue, Bacopa (Brahmi) for good memory and concentration.
- Love your work and be creative. Change your work into fun. Boredom sucks. Work as play. Work as worship. Combine activity and relaxation.
- Laugh your way to health. Laughter brings strength. Laughter is one of the most deep-going medicines.
- Do not prevent the tears. Let the tears flow. Learn to talk with God. Weep alone. Do not repress your tears.
- Let silence rejuvenate you. Learn the silence – the silence which is alive, positive, and affirmative. Silence is a joy. It is not just absence of worry – it is the presence of ecstasy. The real silence has to be in the crowd. When the crowd cannot disturb your solitude, then it is yours. When nothing disturbs you, when nothing distracts you, then you are centered. When you are really silent, you will find silence everywhere. Silence is something inside; quiet I something outside, hence, silence is not quiet. Quiet depends on conditions outside; silence is unconditional. Watch, witness, be centered, meditate and enjoy silence.
Follow all above 28 tips and keep yourself healthy, strong and energetic. Whole of your being must be full of energy.